Our commitment to the environment and social responsibility
At Allens Linen Hire Express we believe that we have a responsibility towards the environment. We are committed to minimising the impact of our business activities on the environment and, in a wider context, we endeavour to lead and influence the catering and events industry in this respect.
- We minimise waste by regular evaluation of our operations and transport arrangements to ensure they are as efficient as possible.
- Toxic emissions and wastage are minimised through the selection and use of modern efficient vehicles, washing machines and office equipment. As an example of this, we use the highest specification of reverse osmosis water treatment plan and compact washing machines to ensure economy, performance and energy conservation.
- We use recycled products and choose environmentally friendly and biodegradable chemicals for processing whenever possible. We regularly test new environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals and introduce them according to performance.
- We carefully consider the materials and longevity of all new packaging for our hire items. We minimise packaging and reuse all protective containers and boxes used to transport orders.
- When sourcing a new product range our evaluation includes the environmental impact of both production and distribution before adding that product to our hire range.
- Usage of heating and lighting is actively monitored for efficiency.
- We adhere to all environmental and waste management legislation that relates to the company and aim to meet or exceed accepted standards.
- We monitor and educate staff to help achieve our environmental aims at work and at home. Likewise, we actively encourage our customers and suppliers to share those aims.
Allens in the community
We are committed to contributing to the local community and we are involved in supporting a number of charities.